Some car accidents can have shocking consequences – right from serious injuries and property damage, to fatalities. If you ever have the misfortune of getting involved in an auto accident in Colorado, you should consider consulting an attorney at the earliest. This is even more important when the accident was a result of someone’s negligence and fault. In this post, we are sharing five reasons why you definitely need a Colorado Springs car accident lawyer.
- For establishing liability. Colorado follows the at-fault rule. In simple English, this means that if you were injured because of someone’s negligence, you can file a compensation claim with their insurance company. However, when it comes to establishing liability, things are not always black and white. You need an attorney, who can help in establishing liability in the first place.
- For knowing the value of your claim. If your injuries are minor and do not need intensive care, you may not expect huge compensation. However, if the accident caused permanent disabilities and injuries that are likely to impact your earning and future, you need an attorney to know the actual worth of your claim.
- For gathering evidence. All accident lawyers have their own ways to gather evidence. They may talk to medical experts to know the impact of your injuries and can even consider accident reconstruction. That said, your lawyer is in charge of gathering evidence in general, including talking to witnesses.
- For negotiating with an insurance company. Insurers have the best of legal and financial resources at disposal, and their claims adjuster will do their work to reduce liability of the company. You definitely need an accident attorney, so that they can negotiate things better. They know what it takes to deal with insurance companies, and if needed, they can go to trial too.
- For avoiding mistakes. It is okay to feel burdened and overwhelmed after an accident. However, you must avoid making statements or signing anything before consulting an accident lawyer. This will ensure that you don’t make mistakes that can impact your case adversely. A good lawyer will give you a fair and transparent idea of the possible outcomes.
Make sure that you work with a known car accident lawyer in Colorado, and don’t forget to ask if they are going to work on a contingency basis. This just means that your lawyer will ask for a fee, only if they win a settlement.