As an employer, it is to your benefit to deliver an inspiring workplace where your staff are happy and productive. You are also confident, entertaining clients and prospective new business. There are various areas of the office which you can change and improve through an office refurbishment. I want to use this short piece to give you some excellent ideas to transform your office from the top (ceilings) to the bottom (flooring) and everything in between.
Finding The Right Supplier
Before looking at ways to improve your office, I want to briefly give you some excellent tips on finding a superb installation specialist. Start by using your favoured search engine and type in office refit or suspended ceiling Gloucester or something similar; this should give you a list of local businesses. It is important to remember that just because a company is top of the internet search does not mean it is best. Use consumer websites such as Trustpilot and Feefo to understand better how well they perform. Take some time to look at their websites and maybe even make initial contact; this should give you a feeling of whether you want to use them or not. Please create a list of three or four candidates you have chosen; we can now look at the areas you might want to improve.
Office Areas to Consider
All parts of the workplace can come under consideration for the improvement of some sort depending on your budgetary constraints; let us now look at them individually –
- Floorplan – if you need to re-organise how you divide up the workspace, a new partitioning system would be a solution. Flexible and easily installed; a popular choice are glass partitions, which allow natural light to flow through the office to everyone’s benefit.
- Décor – a new colour scheme with the correct colours can revitalise and modernise any premises; adding plants and planting should also be considered as they also bring benefits to all.
- Furniture – improved design and some bright new pieces can improve the look and feel of any office, from seating to complete workstations may be upgraded.
- Flooring – a wide range of options from carpet to vinyl tiles are available to add to the aesthetic look of any workplace.
- Ceilings – Suspended ceilings are a popular option in many offices as they have a significant impact on the look and feel of any space.
- Lighting – hugely important as the correct light is a must as an employer has to provide this, many options are available to select.
- Staff Areas – Washrooms, kitchens and breakout areas can all be improved, bringing staff happiness and, in turn, productivity.
It is possible to design your newly refurbished office utilising the proper planning and specially selected furniture to create a workspace in which your workforce will be invigorated, and you will receive the appropriate benefits in productivity. Use your chosen supplier’s experience and knowledge in any area where you don’t have a specific vision for what you want to achieve.
Hopefully, you now have some excellent ideas for any future office refurbishment that you might undertake and can create a great modern working environment with benefit to all.